Wonderfully Made: Loved by God
This faith and sexuality education class helps preteens learn they are wonderfully made with this. Wonderfully Made is a 2-day human sexuality class for 5th Grade Youth. The preteen years are tough. Changes are happening to their bodies, minds, and emotions which make it hard to know exactly what’s going on. And what hard topics to try and discuss with Mom and Dad. Wonderfully Made provides the opportunity to not only ask questions about growing up, but to get faith-based answers as well. The curriculum covers physical development and spiritual connection while helping preteens establish a foundation for their life in Christ.
This year we have a different model. We are going to have two mandatory dates in January. We are prioritizing registration to members of Pulaski Heights UMC. If there is space, we will open to non-PHUMC members. There is a max of 50 students in the class. If you are a church facilitator or youth minister, contact Ellen Rowland at email@example.com to get this wonderful ministry at your church! Our latest class offering is below.
- Cost: $25 per youth
- Date: January 22 and January 29. NOTE: Both dates are REQUIRED for each participant! If you cannot commit your child to both dates, please do not sign up to leave space for others.
- Time: 2:00-4:30PM on both days
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Thursday, January 19, 6:00 pm (If you cannot make it. Call Rod Hocott at 501-804-4065 or Pam Lentz at 501-269-9466 to get the information).
- Location: Wesley Hall, Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church
- Leader: Dr. Amy Huett, Director of Nursing Excellence at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Dr. Amy Huett has been a nurse at Arkansas Children’s Hospital for 22 years. She received her doctorate in 2015 with a focus on education. Amy is passionate about educating children and their families. Amy has been a member of Conway First United Methodist Church since her confirmation many years ago. She has taught Created by God/Wonderfully Made for more than 10 years and believes it is one of the best things the church has to offer. Huett says, “It is an honor to equip our children with the correct knowledge of human growth, development, and sexuality. We are building a community of support that will be with them for years to come”.
To get to Wesley Hall enter the parking lot off of Lee Avenue and come in Entrance 7.