In order to coordinate our efforts and work as efficiently as possible, we are asking that if you’d like to volunteer with our efforts that you fill out this form. This will allow us to contact you as new volunteer opportunities become available. We want to continue to encourage you to reach out to your neighbors and fellow congregants individually. We know many of you have been doing that and your impact goes a long way.
If you or someone you know has immediate needs, please contact Daniel Curry at email@example.com or 501-664-3600!
HOW PHUMC IS HELPING
Our staff and volunteers have been hard at work in Tornado relief. We currently have distributed hundreds of boxes of donated items and are committed to giving over $20,000 so far directly to victims.
- UMCOR has finished the early phase of disaster response, as overseen and coordinated by the Central District UMC. The next phase, rebuilding, takes awhile to get started. Survivors take their insurance and FEMA settlements and figure out what to do next. Their next need for on-site volunteers will be for rebuilding teams, but that process won’t happen for a little while.
- We want to thank everyone who brought items; we had many truckloads full of supplies that were distributed to tornado victims.
- We had many PHUMC members as part of UMCOR’s over 90 volunteers.
UNITED METHODIST CHURCHES
- We are working with St. Paul UMC on Durwood Road to provide meals and distribute items for members of the neighborhood.
- We recently had technology staff travel to Wynne UMC to help them get technology set up so that they can continue to worship.
- We are working directly with counselors at multiple schools and identifying families for rental assistance and other financial needs.
- We have donated children’s clothing items to families at Terry Elementary who were directly affected by the tornado.
CITY OF LITTLE ROCK
- We had many members who participated in the City of Little Rock’s Day of Volunteering on April 15th.
- If you would like to do some hands on volunteering, the city has a couple of opportunities that you can find at https://www.littlerock.gov/city-administration/city-managers-office/city-of-little-rock-volunteers/
- We are financially supporting individual families and working with them to find ways to meet their particular needs including rental assistance and tree removal services. If you or someone you know has been affected and needs financial assistance, contact Rev. Abbey Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org.