2020 Stewardship Campaign
Why Take the Next Step?
It is God's intention that we grow more generous and take bigger steps in our giving as we become more aware of how richly God has blessed us in Christ. Join us in our mission at Pulaski Heights UMC to Love God, Love Neighbor, and Change the World!
Taking the Next Step will be a biblical, spiritual, inspirational campaign designed to enrich our understanding of Christian stewardship. The focus of this approach is not built on the need of the church to fund a budget, but for us to see that stewardship is God’s way of raising disciples.
Discover the joy of growing in your relationship to God as you begin Taking the Next Step in your faith journey and living generously.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23.
Please pray each day during the Taking the Next Step season. Please pray for Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church and the role you play in the ministry of our church.
PREPARING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP
- Between now and November 24 – Examine your personal giving and how it reflects your commitment to Christ.
- Reflect on the understanding that stewardship is about raising disciples, not money.
- Read the daily devotional in Practicing Extravagant Generosity and pray for God’s guidance in your personal finances. (Copies available at Welcome Center. Please take one per household).
- Decide what percentage of your income to give consistently
Join us for Extravagant Love – a four-part sermon series in November as we explore God’s extravagant love and our call to respond to God and neighbor in like manner.
- November 3 “Planting Seeds” Luke 8: 4-8
- November 10 “Paddling Downstream” Hebrews 12: 1-3
- November 17 “According to Our Means” 2 Corinthians 8: 1-15
- November 24 “Through a Mirror Brightly” Romans 12: 1-8
THE GIVING PATH
When we take a step along the Giving Path, we are moving forward in our spiritual journeys to be more like Christ. Jesus said that “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
- First-Time Giver: Begin to give a specific amount.
- Intentional Giver: Give a planned percentage of income.
- Growing Giver: Increase the percentage of income.
- Tither: Begin to give a tithe (10% of income).
- Extravagant Giver: Give beyond the tithe (10%+ of income).
PLEASE JOIN US FOR TAKING THE NEXT STEP WEEKEND
Friday, November 22
6 p.m., Sanctuary
Sunday, November 24
9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Sanctuary and New Heights
During this time of celebration we encourage you to:
- Pray for God to lead you on new steps in your faith journey.
- Deepen your sense of generosity and gratitude.
- Discover the joy of giving.
- Complete your 2020 Estimate of Giving Card during worship.
- If you are unable to attend, we will mail you an Estimate of Giving card the following week or you can complete it online below and a member of PHUMC Finance Team will reach out to you.